Hi everyone! I don’t know about you but this past week was crazy hectic because it was spring break. Usually that means a time of going to the beach and relaxing but this year it was jam packed busy. However I did find some time for fun, last week I went to the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders Prep Class. I know I don’t post about cheerleading or dance on here but it is a huge part of my life. I’ve been dancing since I was 3, cheerleading since I was 12 and have coached cheerleading since I was 16. When I found out the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders had a prep class I was dying to go and see what the cheerleaders organization is like. When I went I noticed things that were good that some people forgot to do and things that should never be done:
- First make sure you arrive early so you have time to stretch. Especially if this is a team you want to be on one day you do not want to be late, it doesn’t show that you are taking this seriously.
- Make sure you are nice to everybody! You never know who is going to be at the judging table the day of auditions, so you want to make a good impression on everybody.
- Next when you are learning the choreography dance “full out” every time. If you are going to be a cheerleader they want someone who is going to be a hard worker and who can perform anything on the spot. Never forget you practice how you perform.
- Be open to critiques, especially when the choreographer and director/coordinator are there like this prep class. They are trying to help you make the team so anything they have to say take it home and make sure you work on it.
- Lastly don’t forget to breath and have fun. Going to a prep class is a great opportunity and can teach you a lot. It is a more relaxed atmosphere than auditions and this is the time to make a good impression on the organization.
While I am not expecting to audition for this team this year, after going to the prep class I fell in love with this organization and would love to one day. I would definitely encourage anybody who wants to audition for a NFL cheerleading team one day to attend a prep class for the team you want to be on so you can start practicing ahead of time. If you have any questions about the prep class or anything leave them in the comments below 🙂
P.S. also comment on what you want to see for future posts!