Hi Loves ❤ It feels so good to be back blogging. I know that I haven’t posted anything in a hot minute, and it’s because I started a new job! In the beginning of September I unexpectedly got a full time job as a leasing & marketing associate with a property management company. For the past month I have been focusing on learning my new job, and trying to figure out how to get a “normal” schedule again lol. It’s crazy how fast things can change sometimes but so far it’s been a good roller-coaster ride.
From now on I will now be posting one day a week (either Sunday or Monday), and maybe a bonus post on some Saturday’s 🙂
Now that my long rant is over, time to get to the fun part……FALL IS HERE 🍂🍂
****Basic White Girl Alert****
This is by far my favorite time of the year and I’m going to start it off with my fall essentials!
- You can’t start fall without making a trip to Bath and Body Works for fall candles. This is the only season that I will have a candle in my house at all times, my current favorite sent is Marshmallow Pumpkin.
- Obviously it wouldn’t be fall without being on team PSL! Yes I was that person who went to Starbucks on September 1st and got some pumpkin spice….don’t lie you know you secretly love it too.
- Halloweentown movie marathon!!! Every year these are my favorite Halloween movies. I have finally convinced myself to buy them off Amazon so I don’t have to wait for them to come on T.V.
- Fall makeup is so much fun, and specifically I love the N.Y.X soft matte lip cream in the shade Cannes. It’s the perfect red-ish/brown to go with any fall look.
- Lastly the color I cannot stop wearing in fall is maroon. I will wear this color any way possible and I can not get enough of it!
I hope you enjoyed!!! Let me know what your fall essentials are down in the comments. I will be back on Sunday ❤
Hello everyone, can you believe it’s already August?! It seems so crazy to me that fall is right around the corner. While I am going to get the most out of this last month of summer, I am so excited to have pumpkin spice lattes and glammed up makeup looks again.
Looking back at the makeup looks I have done on here so far they are mostly natural looks, because that’s what I wear on a day-to-day basis. However I want to start stepping out of my comfort zone and do more smokey, intense, fun looks. Today I did a halo inspired eye look, which I am now obsessed with! I have been wanting to dip into my Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette and play with the shade Matt Kumar because it’s a gorgeous red shade that can be used so many ways. I was going to do a step by step tutorial on this look but quickly realized that this would take 20 minutes to read, nobody has that kind of time lol. Instead, I am going to list the makeup products I used. If you want a tutorial on this looks let me know in the comments and I can do a video on it 🙂
- Primer- Too Faced HangoveRx
- Foundation- Maybelline Dream Velvet in 20 classic ivory + Loreal Infallible Pro-Matt in 106 sun beige
- Concealer- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 sand
- Setting Powder- Essence all about matt!
- Bronzer- Essence Sun Club in 01 natural
- Contour Powder- NYX contour and highlight palette with the shade sculpt
- Highlighter- Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm
- Blush- Too Faced in Mademoiselle
- Lips- NYX Liner in Peekaboo Neutral + Urban Decay lipstick in Naked
- Eyes- Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette
- Crease- Matt Lopez
- Crease + inner corner of the eye- Matt Kumar
- Lid- Morphe eye shadow ES11 (not the actual shade but very similar to what I have) + Loreal Infallible eye shadow in Amber Rush
- Just keep blending and intensifying eye shadow until desired look
- Outter V + slightly inner corner- Matt Reed
- Mascara- Wet n’ Wild Lash-O-Matic Mascara+Fiber extension kit
I hope you enjoyed this post and I will be back on our favorite day of the week…Friday 🙂
Welcome back! I feel like this is going to be a little bit of a crazy week but I am going to stay determined to reach my goals. Today I am doing a makeup look, that I literally wear all of the time, and I realized I have never made a post about it so we are going to change that today. I called this look natural glam because this can be a look that has very minimal makeup or a look that has all of the “cake-up” you want lol. I wear it both ways, however lately here in Florida it has been ridiculously hot and humid so I opted for makeup I can wear all day without it looking gross.
I don’t know why the left eye doesn’t look the same as the right because in person they both look the same lol.
- Too Faced HangoveRx primer
- Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free + Balance Foundation- Shade 120 classic ivory
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer- Shade 20 sand
- Lorac Tantalizer Body Bronzing Spray
- Essence Sun Club bronzer- Shade 01 natural
- Essence all about matt! powder compact
- Too Faced Mademoiselle blush
- Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter
- crease- Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette Matt Lopez
- Outter V- Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette Matt Rossi
- Lid- Loreal Infallible shadow in Amber Rush
- Brow bone- Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette Matt Lin
- Inner corner- Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter
- Lower Lash line- Meet Matt(e) Trimony palette Matt Lopez & Matt Rossi
- Mascara Wet n’ Wild Lash-O-Matic fiber extension kit
- Liner- NYX Peekaboo Neutral
- Lipstick- Too Faced Naked Dolly
I hoped you like this look, let me know in the comments what your natural glam look for the summer is. Have a great week and I will see you on Friday 🙂
Good Morning, I hope you all had a good week and are ready for the weekend! I have been all about bronze glowing skin, and enjoying every bit of summer that I possibly can. Lately all over Pinterest I have been seeing beachy/mermaid inspired nails, makeup, outfits everything. Today I am doing my take on a mermaid inspired look. I didn’t go too dramatic because I did not want this to turn into Halloween makeup, I wanted this to be something I could actually wear out. I really love this look and I hope you enjoy 🙂
- Primer- Too Faced HangoveRx
- Foundation- Maybelline Dream Velvet in shade 20 classic ivory & Loreal Infallible pro-matte in shade 106 sun beige (I just mixed it on the back of my hand then applied to my face)
- Concealer- Maybelline Fit Me in 20 sand (applied to my forehead, middle of nose, chin and under my eyes)
- Cream Highlighter- Jour in tiare
- Spray Bronzer- Lorac TANtalizer body bronzing spray (just in bronzing areas, cheeck bones, temples and under jaw line)
- Setting Powder- Essence all about matt! (dusted over my T-zone and a light layer over my bronzer)
- Bronzer-Essence sun club in shade 01 natural
- Blush- Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Cheeks in shade peach pink
- Highlighter- Mary-Lou Manizer by the balm
- Brows- Essence make me brow gel in shade 02 browny brows
- Eyes- Michelle Phan the life palette
- Crease: sun club bronzer followed by the first purple shade from the life palette
- Outter V: the third shade from the life palette
- Lid: Mac Cosmetics pigment in shade kitchmas (I would wet my brush with a setting spray before going in with pigment, since I didn’t have any I used rose water spray)
- Once the pigment dries go back in with a blending brush to blend out the crease
- Lower lash line: I used the first and third color from the life palette
- Eye liner: Model Launcher in shade emerald isle
- Mascara: Wet n’ Wild Lash-O-Matic
- Urban Decay lipstick in shade pandemonium (after I applied it I blotted some off so it wasn’t as intense)
- Nyx Lip Lingerie in shade baby doll (only a thin layer)
- Light purple gloss from the life palette (just a tiny bit in the center of the lips)
My little sis is my photographer, and we made a stop to the dollar store in the middle of taking pics lol.
If you have made it to the end congrats! I hope you enjoyed this look, if you have a mermaid inspired look post a pic in the comments so I can see. I hope you all have an amazing weekend and I will be back next Tuesday with a fashion post.
Hi everybody, I hope your week is off to a good start. I’ve been having some fun lately trying out new products, so I thought I would review the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer . I originally picked this product up because I was running out of my Smashbox BB Water and this kind of looked like a dupe for that.
On the packaging it listed what the product actually would do, which is what got my attention. It has SPF 20, a retinol treatment, sheer tint and is oil-free not to mention the price point was $12.99, compared to Smashbox BB Water for $42. My initial impression was that I really liked this product, and that it was comparable to Smashbox. However after wearing it for a couple of weeks I didn’t like it as much as I initially did. The color of the product is interesting it looks more cool tone in the bottle, but when you put it on and blend it out you can’t really tell because of the sheer tint formula. I also thought this product would be perfect to wear going outside or to the gym, basically anywhere you will sweat a lot, and that didn’t work out too well. While it looks good when you put it on, after you start to sweat if you rub the product off on your hands, towel or anything it will easily wipe away and transfer. (Which I found out at the gym when I looked down at my shirt lol)
(Swatched on my hand)
Overall, I like this product I don’t think it is horrible but I think the Smashbox BB Water is a little better. I might repurchase this product but I would rather spend some extra money on a product like Smashbox and wear it more. I am not completely disappointed with this product because I will keep using this. It just didn’t live up to the expectation I had in my head.
I hope you enjoyed this review, I will be back later this week with another summer makeup look. Have a great day 🙂
Welcome back 🙂 I hope you are having a fabulous week so far and enjoying summer. On my last makeup shopping day I found the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette at Ulta on sale. So since it was on sale it was meant to be right? Not only that but I had my little sister next to me convincing me that I needed this lol (which wasn’t hard to do). The palette retailed for $60 and I scooped it up for only $20 which is amazing considering you almost never find Urban Decay on sale.
When I opened this palette I was immediately obsessed. It is mostly neutral shadows with a few pops of color. I love that because it makes for amazing everyday looks, and you still have a few fun colors when you are feeling adventurous. The shadows are great quality, it’s Urban Decay so it’s what you’d expect right? They are creamy and smooth, and I love all of them. However my least favorite are Serious and Blackout, because they go on patchy and you really have to work at blending them for it to look good. That still isn’t a deal breaker for me though, they are beautiful shadows and I’m obsessed!
From right to left: Blonde, Bathwater, Skimp, Steady & Punk
From right to left: Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone & Serious
From right to left: Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1987 & Blackout
This palette is limited edition and Ulta no longer has it. However if you still want to purchase this palette it is on sale on the Sephora website for $25, and if you want it buy it soon before it sells out! I hope you enjoyed this review, if you want me to do more reviews let me know in the comments.
Hey everyone, I’m so happy I finally get to sit down to write another post. My schedule has been scattered lately so later this week I will be coming up with a posting schedule. I love the 4th of July holiday it’s so much fun to eat cookout, watch some fireworks and have a good time with my family. I came up with a red, white, and blue makeup inspired look for this, and I know it’s kinda too late now but I think it’s a wearable look for any summer day so I had to post it.
The makeup I used to achieve this look:
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water
- Essence all about matt! fixing compact powder
- Essence make me brow gel
- Jour cream highlighter
- Mary-Lou Manizer by the balm
- Maybelline Mega Plush mascara
- Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette (colors Stark, Zone, Steady, Skimp and Danger for the wing)
- Urban Decay lipstick in 714
- Essence Sun Club Bronzer
- Too Faced (Le Grande Chateau) Bronzer in Jolie
P.S. please excuse my messy hair lol… I always finish my makeup and don’t feel like doing my hair. But I love this look and will probably wear it a few more times before summer is over. Also I haven’t done a YT tutorial in a while and have been contemplating making more. If you think I should let me know in the comments 🙂
Have a great holiday and I will be back later this week with more posts!
Yay we have made it to Friday! Even though I’m not a morning person at all there is something so refreshing about getting a morning workout in. It starts the tone for the day and makes you feel good and ready to go. Although my weekend is filled with work and more work, I’m still excited to squeeze in some pool time.
I hope you all have a fun and safe weekend filled with BBQ’s and fireworks! Also check back tomorrow to see a cute 4th of July makeup look.
Good Morning 🙂 I hope you all are having a great week so far. To continue on with my summer series, I am sharing my top songs that I can’t stop playing. I don’t know about anyone else but any day that I am not working I have spent laying in the pool. It’s so relaxing to kick back and listen to your favorite songs while soaking up the sun. No matter if I’m in the car, laying by the pool, going to the beach, here are my top songs that you need to have on your playlist this summer.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake ( I am obsessed with this song!)
- Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers
- Kill Em with Kindness – Selena Gomez
- Me Too – Meghan Trainor (Every time I hear this song I can’t get it out of my head lol)
- Work from Home – Fifth Harmony
And I have to throw in some country songs for the summer too. These songs are not new but I have been loving them for a while and never get tired of them.
- Play It Again – Luke Bryan
- This Is How We Roll – Florida Georgia Line
- Where It’s At – Dustin Lynch
- That’s My Kinda Night – Luke Bryan
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line
If you couldn’t already tell I really like Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line lol. Let me know what is on your summer playlist down below!
Happy Humpday 🙂 I hope you all have had a great week so far. My schedule has been busy and off for the last week, so I’m happy to finally sit down and write a post! Last week me and my sister made a quick stop into Walgreens and I found a mascara that I love….it’s the Wet n’ Wild Lash-O-Matic mascara and fiber extensions. I have never tried a fiber mascara before but since my lashes are so tiny and short I thought I’d give it a go. When your using this there is a process that you have to follow to insure that your lashes are going to last all day. First put on the mascara like you normally would, then take the fibers and focus applying them just on the tips of your lashes (if you put the fibers on like you would mascara then your probably going to end up with fibers in your eyes). After that you seal it with the same mascara you started with. I love this because it’s a “your lashes but better” look.
The only cons I would say to this product is the removal. It’s kind of annoying to have fibers all over your face when your removing your makeup. Also when you first open the fiber tube there’s a million little fibers that pop up. However those aren’t deal breakers for me but I know some people really don’t like that.
This mascara is my go-to lash look because it looks amazing without having to deal with false lashes.
Let me know what your favorite mascara is and if there is anything that I should try!